QA Tech Limited, trading as Conqa, (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person). This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
We collect and hold two categories of personal information in connection with our products and services
- Customer Information is personal information about a customer or potential customer that a customer or potential customer provides to us, or authorises us to collect: ‒ in connection with the creation or administration of a customer account ‒ through any registration or subscription process relating to our services and products, or through any registration or subscription to receive information about our services and products ‒ through any direct contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email) ‒ when a customer buys or uses our services and products. Customer Information includes names, usernames, phone numbers, email addresses and billing information associated with a customer account or any registration or subscription.
- User Data is: ‒ personal information that a customer or any end user of our Conqa quality assurance application (Service) transfers to us for processing or storage using the Service ‒ any results that a customer or any end user of the Service derives from that information through their use of the Service. We will not disclose, move, access or use User Data except as provided in our terms of service at conqa.nz/terms-of-service or in any other agreement with the applicable customer, and we require our customers to comply with applicable privacy laws.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website, the Service and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available. If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly. You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services or functionality. You can stop the collection of your personal information by cancelling your account, or by ceasing to use our products and services.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve our website and the services and products that we provide to you, including by analysing how you interact with the website and our services and products
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you. A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. You can play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used in relation to our products and services. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information.
Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates. In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.